Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yes, I Dragged My Ass Outta Bed at 6 A.M.

After closing, heading home, then chowing down on oh so delicious and nutritious 45 cent pot pies and then hitting the Jameson, I finally laid my weary head to rest around 3 a.m. A few hours later, I was awake, watching the Red Sox in Japan until I collapsed just before Manny belted another double, notching 4 RBI's and securing Boston's victory.
My Dad, evil Yankees fan that he is, called me and woke me up right when ManRam smacked the hit and from then on I only had to fret at Papelbon looking like shit for the last inning. It was a nice start to the day. The Red Sox are 1-0 and I'll be sure to wake up five hours from now to see how Lester works out in fulltime mode.
I couldn't be happier it's baseball season again. Oh wait, that's bullshit. If the Astros looked decent, I'd be stoked. Somebody please murder Drayton McClane for the sake of the Houston Astros. Ed Wade is trying, but what he has been given to work with don't amount to a hill of beans. At least, Pupura is gone.
Expect an editorial bitch slap of Richard Justice tomorrow after I have taken a power nap post-Sox victory.

No comments: