Monday, April 21, 2008

Have I told you lately....

that I'm a Libertarian? But, that's of little consequence, what I'm here to discuss is the political circus we've all been witnessing lately. And I've been wondering to myself - Who would I vote for if I were voting for one of the "traditional" parties? So, here are some of my thoughts on... Hilary Clinton - I'm not going to lie and try and act cool , I would LOVE for a woman to be in the White House (as president that is). However, I do have enough cool to know that this is not the right reason to vote for someone. So, being objective these are the problems I have with her: (1) She had a whole committee and plenty of time to solve the health care crises the first time around - what makes it different this time? (2) She's lost her fire and has become too politically predictable and in my heart I can never forgive her for serving on the board of Wal-Mart AND she seems to think trade (free and otherwise) is a subject that we don't really need to focus on now! We're only loosing our spot as being the worlds super power, but whatever right! (3) My last straw with Mrs. Clinton came when that ridiculous commercial was produced about her answering the phone early in the morning. This made me mad because I felt that she was resorting to fear mongering - which as we know the current administration has survived off of. * On a personal note I could not believe that this commercial actually boosted her ratings - It made me want to kill myself! (pun intended) Barack Obama - Well, I just don't know as much about him and I can't say that I entirely dislike him - he strives to have an MLK quality about him which I admire. That being said there's just a couple of things about him that don't rub me the right way... (1) He really isn't prepared to do the job - we don't need a bright eyed optimist in office - we need someone who is brutal - absolutely brutal (2) I don't like what his wife said about this being the first time in her life she was proud to be an American. Now, I vehemently dislike Tipper Gore, but still adore Al. So, maybe that shouldn't matter, but I have a sneaky suspicion that this is how Barack feels himself. Well, and this is what I have to say about that: FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU FOR THINKING THAT YOU CAN ONLY BE AN AMERICAN WHEN IT'S DREAMY AND CONVENIENT! If you cut me (it's happened once or twice - I WILL BLEED RED, WHITE AND BLUE!) In the heart of every true American lies the promise of FREEDOM - there is FREEDOM even in the face of our current administration. To look to your current leaders and/or administration on how to feel as an American makes you an imbecile and a follower and not really someone I care to have around. As Thomas Jefferson said "A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate." John McCain - This man eluded me for some time, not because he wasn't in the news - he just took awhile to get on my radar, but once he did WOW. Now, let it be known I'm more surprised by this than anyone - If I were to vote for a republican or a democrat John McCain may have to be my pick. And let me tell you why... (1) He has NO APOLOGIES - During the whole silly battle of whether or not suspected terrorist, etc... (and in case you actually don't know McCain was a POW) should be "water logged" McCain said that while he felt the military should not be allowed to perform this sort of torture (because lets face it ....the majority of our military is broke ass ghetto boys lookin' for a free ride - OMIGOD - Did I just say that out loud?) Not to disregard the GREAT ones in our military whom I hold in the highest regard. Well, that being said, McCain said that the CIA should be able to use whatever means necessary to get information - including "water logging"! THANK YOU! Thank you John McCain for having the guts and the integrity to do and say what you really feel would be best for this country rather than worrying about popular vote. John McCain's aim is not to make us feel all safe, secure and distracted it's to do his job in the best possible way, that will benefit us all- whether we choose to see it or not. So, if I were voting non-libertarian I would vote John McCain. Damn shame he has to be a white man. Now, I know that this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface....but it's a starting point. If you're interested in learning more about the libertarian party please visit the official website at.... http://www.lp.org/

No comments: