Friday, April 25, 2008

Lamenting the Lamefecation of the Pixies

Don't get me wrong, I love the Pixies. I adore them. It's just unfortunate that once they finally got into the mainstream consciousness (presumably via Fight Club) that people didn't bother to figure out what the band was really about. Here's a quick summation: violent sex and UFO's. Yes, I realize that's a dramatic over generalization of a truly unique, epic and brilliant group but the following video makes me wish they stayed a cult band. Just re-read my Across the Universe rant to understand my point. I don't care if people dig on a band for whatever reason but when they don't respect their work and do shit like this, that's when I hang my head and run to the Jameson. Frank and Kim don't need the extra food dollars, anyway.

No comments: