Friday, April 25, 2008

Hopefully Jay does not get a haircut with a shotgun...

Not that Ortiz has much merit to me in the written sense. Or even the spoken sense, due to the fact that his radio show is utter shit as well, but seeing as New York has deeper pockets than any team out there and they have 3 great prospects they could shell out as well... I could see Roy O go to New York. I don't like the idea. I don't like the idea of him leaving period. After his new contact and John Deere from Drayton, what kind of loyalty would it show to have our star ace bail on his transplanted "hometown" team? Here is Ortiz's drivel. We'll have to wait to see what comes of it.
Yankees need not apply for Oswalt, barring some crazy mad cash Just for the record, Roy Oswalt has never been asked by the Astros to consider a trade. He wasn't asked last year and he hasn't been asked this year. To steal a phrase from Mr. Barack Obama, though, this is "silly season" in between the mad trade speculation that will happen in July. I'm writing this to set the record straight about an interview Oswalt did with me last year. Somehow, Oswalt's comments from last year have been twisted a bit recently by some other media to somewhat portray that Oswalt said in frustration last year that he'd be willing to accept a trade. The fact is, Oswalt's comments last year were given as part of a story I was assigned to figure out what the Astros could trade to replenish the system and prepare for the future. In that story, I asked Oswalt, Carlos Lee and Lance Berkman if they'd be willing to accept a trade - and here's the important part - if the club approached them. Oswalt, Lee and Berkman didn't approach me. I approached them. Well, here's the deal, Oswalt would accept the trade, but only if asked. "Why would anybody want to stay if the team don't want you?" he said today. Asked about the rumors. "I don't know where that came from," he said. "I don't know where he got that from, left field somewhere." Is it a compliment? "I don't know if it's a compliment. I don't know if he just brought it up or he heard it from there. The whole thing last year was (to answer a question stating) if management came to you and asked you would you approve a trade. That (would) just go to show that a team don't want you. Why wouldn't you. If a team doesn't want you to play there, why wouldn't you approve a team." Oswalt makes clear the Astros haven't asked. "They haven't yet. No," he said. I know Oswalt better than any player on that club. That's not to say I know him tremendously because you never really, really know the players. But I'd put my working relationship with this guy against anybody in America. Believe what you want, but I'll tell you there are three teams he'll accept a trade to, and those teams aren't in New York. They aren't the Yankees. They aren't the Mets. They are the St. Louis Cardinals, Atlanta Braves and Boston Red Sox. Even then, though, the Astros would have to admit they're not going to contend and then ask him to leave before he takes a trade. Oh, and he also would demand to remake the contract and get the type of money Johan Santana got from the Mets. There's the truth for you.
I have yet to watch a game this year. With the season being as long as it is and with everything I have going on, I have found other things to occupy my time then watch a below average team struggle (I know they have won 5 in a row- I watch SC, but it is APRIL.) Once Drayton either dies or sells the team... then I will become fully vested again. Until then.
Fuck you and your franchise sir.

No comments: