Thursday, February 7, 2008

Somebody Didn't Get the Memo About Van Stone

I'll admit it, I own the Van Stone record and I do think it's kinda rad...in the same way I think Dee Dee Ramone's hip hop career was. A brilliantly funny example of what NOT to do in a specific genere of music. While fucking around with YahooJukebox, I noticed they're promoting some group called Airbourne. The dudes look like rejects from Seduce (please re-watch The Decline of Western Civilization II: The Metal Years if you don't get that joke). Really, who the fuck asked for a new version of the Cult to come along? And the only thing that drummer is missing is gratuitous kick drum above his head that says, "This space for rent." These cats are from Austrailia so I'm gonna kick Mick in the balls. I think I just blew my wad on 80's hair metal references. It's bad enough we're effectivley suffering through Flock of Seagulls 2.0 but now rock music is going the way of the lame? Weak. Oh, and if you dug that please check this out. It's slightly yes humiliating to dig on.

No comments: