Thursday, January 17, 2008

One Man's Tribute to George Jones

Usually, I abstain from posting videos of drunken retards (which I, too, agree is a little odd) but this one gives me cause to tell one of my favorite country music stories ever.
Back in the late 60's George Jones got married to Tammy Wynette. He was a pretty epic alcoholic by that point but she tried to tough it out. Of course, one day she got so sick of George being shitfaced all the time that she hid the keys to all TEN of his cars so he couldn't go to the liquor store. George said fuck that and got on his riding lawnmower and drove the bastard 10 miles laughing his ass off just to get another bottle of hooch. If that ain't dedication to your vices, I don't know what is. It's good to know I'm not the only one who remembers treasured music history.

No comments: